Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Review & 2009 - A year of Blessings!

Christmas afternoon brings lots of drowsiness...that's what happens when the day begins at 5:30 AM!!!!

The kids sharing their love and the "We Are So Adorable" pose!

Hannah so sweet, so groggy and so full of Christmas joy!

Courtney....5:30 AM is not her best time! She wanted a sewing machine, I guess becoming the "domestic diva" is in her future.

Bowen and his Christmas abundance! He scored and seemed quite pleased with all the "Star Wars" paraphernalia!

Merry Christmas to Caitlin, she loved the new cell phone with a keyboard! That makes TEXTING all the better!

Christmas was joyous! Everyone loved spending time with family and friends. I was surprised with a new camera by Eric, I need to learn to use it and then our pictures will improve and you may actually be able to identify the people in the photos. My favorite part of Christmas morning was our family kneeling around Courtney's bed in prayer and expressing gratitude for all our "gifts." Not just those under the tree but for our gift of family, our gift of good friends, who might as well be called family. Our gift of warmth and for a house that provides that, our gift of truth and light, our gift of love and our gift of laughter. The Thomas family is truly blessed. Thank you for your support, your prayers in our behalf and the love you share.

Christmas morning happened in a whirlwind of 10 minutes, everyone tore open presents with energy and vigor and there were "oooos" and "aaahs" and "hey mom" and "wow." Santa did well and there were smiles. We had a yummy breakfast of biscuits and gravy and the cinnamon rolls had not quite risen to their potential, so they became the Christmas night time treat. We spent the afternoon with the Thomas family and there were more presents to open and lots of food to eat. The kids love spending time with their cousins. All the kids showed off their surprises and were adorned with their new Christmas clothes. All the kids seem to be growing up so fast! I'm glad there are still babies and toddlers running around. Keep the babies coming Johnny and Megan! My mom paid us a visit and brought more presents for the opening. I loved my gift, it was my life story. It included lots of pictures, some great and some I wish never existed. There were excerpts from both my mother's and my grandmother's journals and it is full of memories. My girls laughed at the teenage pictures, like I said I wish they never existed and enjoyed reading it as much as I did. Thanks mom! It was a holiday to remember.

December 26th was the Lund family party and it was fun to play games and eat food! It is always fun to eat food! Missi and family traveled north to join us. Her girls are growing up too, so cute and so mature are they! I think Zoey is actually more mature than Courtney, like that is a surprise! Yeah for the Christmas memories of 2008!


I can't believe that 2009 is already here! I think 2008 passed by quickly. We had a great year, it had its difficulties and trials, but with it came blessings, growth and lots of fun! I most definitely look forward to the new year and will hope for it to be full of blessings and happiness for our family and for yours. Happy 2009!

1 comment:

Channa said...

Sounds like the Thomas clan had a great Christmas, too! I drove by Hannah's school the other day, aand really missed picking her up for cheer. :( Let's have a We Cheer play-off sometime!