Friday, March 5, 2010

The Blessing of Sisterhood!

"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." ~Isadora James





"There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you." ~Author Unknown

"Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer." ~Louise Glück





"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." ~Marion C. Garretty




"If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child." ~Linda Sunshine




"More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you've been bad and good." ~Linda Sunshine




"A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double." ~Toni Morrison

The three sisters in my home are the greatest! I love that they love each other dearly and are the best of friends. I love that one can cut the hair off of another's Barbie doll and there is still friendship. I love that one can critique the other's clothing choice, but no one else can. I love that if one sister is frowning, the other sister will share her smile. I love that one can tell a secret to another and it remains such, even from mom. I love that one will sacrifice her last dollar, so the other can have two. I love that their love is unconditional and forever. Although, I think they will never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five or six. Sisterhood is a blessing and I love all the sisters in my life!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Jennifer, I love you! What beautiful girls and sisters. The letter is super.... super.... superb! Worth it to share in a lesson for sure. Thank you for being MY sisters... lov u tons!

Courtney Thomas said...

Awe I LOVE this!