Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mothers....

I thought I would share a few of my "motherhood moments" with all you mothers...just so you can share my pain and joy!

Sunday evening at 9:00 PM

Courtney sends me a text..."Mom, I need ideas for my speech tomorrow in class." "I need to deliver a two minute introductory speech on me." "HELP!."

After many texts being sent back and forth and a long cell phone conversation, the help is delivered and she figures out she is brilliant and didn't really need my help. Aaaah, my work was done!

Monday morning at 7:00 AM

Bowen, unfortunately, cannot locate his "homework folder" or his gloves and I am supposed to be out the door in ten more minutes.

Quick tour of the house proves unsuccessful. Time for some serious investigation, cushions overturned, pillows thrown, closet disassembled, HA...success, one homework folder located, however, gloves are gone forever. Time to buy new ones (I really hate that).

Monday afternoon at 4:30 PM

Home from work, open front door, the pleadings begin..."Mom, I need...," "Mom, guess what...," "Mom, I'm hungry!" "Mom, look my driver's education certificate of completion, can we go, RIGHT NOW and get my license?" "Mom....."

Dinner baked and served, one load of laundry complete, homework finished, Family Home Evening...over, however, no driver's license obtained. Maybe tomorrow.

Tuesday morning at 6:59 AM

Text from Caitlin, it reads, "Mom can we make a headband for my drill team costume by tomorrow for the coach and the team to see (I volunteered, previously, without knowing I was going to get one day's notice from my daughter)?"

Aaargh!

Tuesday evening at 9:31 PM

Semi-nutritous dinner fed to the starving family.....check
Two loads of laundry...finished
Bowen delivered to and from scouts...check
Webelos weekly activity...whew, I did it, including one "showman badge earned"
Hannah to and from cheer...done
Shopping trip for sparkly sequins for drill team headbands...successful
Hannah and Caitlin to mutual...check
Piano practice...whew, over
Homework complete...check
Hannah and Caitlin home from mutual...check
Bowen bathed and clean...done
Kitchen rugs...vacuumed
Book on end table...one chapter read
American Idol on TV...watched some
All three children...accounted for and in bed
Fourth daughter...hopefully studying and getting ready for bed at college
Text to Courtney...goodnight and I love you
Eyelids...involuntarily drooping
Body...passed out on bed
Caitlin's driver's license...not yet, maybe tomorrow
Husband...a bit grumpy, smile, maybe tomorrow

Wednesday morning at 9:01 AM

Text from Caitlin, "Mom, they loved the headbands, I need 17 more by Friday."

Text from Caitlin a little while later, "Mom, I have a question?"
Mom's response, in text lingo of course, "WHAT?"
Caitlin's sends another text, "Mom, who should I take to the Sweetheart dance next month?"

Mom, thinking to herself, why is she texting me, isn't she supposed to be in class?

Mom's response, in text lingo of course, "IDK (I'm pro at texting)?"

This texting continues for several more minutes until it is interrupted by Courtney's cell phone call, "Mom, thanks for your ideas on Sunday night, I got an A."

Mom's response with tears in her eyes, "I knew you could do it, Hurrah for you!"

Wednesday morning at 9:40 AM

Mom, still at work and have been at work since 7:30 AM, receives another text from Caitlin (whoever invented the cell phone, does not have kids, I'm certain), "Mom, can we get my license today?"

Mom's response, "No sorry, Hannah has an orthodontist appointment this afternoon, I have to go back to the store and buy more sparkly sequins to sew more headbands, Bowen has basketball practice, there is always laundry to be done and you all have to eat sometime tonight. Oh yeah, I have to hunt for fake logs and red cellophane, I have a 'fake fire' to build for the Stake Camp Kick-off meeting, which is tomorrow night!" "Maybe tomorrow!"

Caitlin sends another text..."Okay, I love you."

Courtney sends a text, "Mom, I need help for another speech due Friday about a current event that is unethical (at least she is looking ahead this time)."

Mom's response to Caitlin, "I love you too."

Mom's response to Courtney, "Okay, check KSL.Com and read the news story about the Kiddie Kandids bankruptcy issue."

Mom still at work, the office phone ringing and a noon deadline to meet, smiles because her heart is warm and filled with love.

Motherhood...it's the best!

No comments: